SERVES 4 – Preparation 20 mins – Cooking time 25 mins
- Coarsely grate 1 onion and place in a large bowl with mince and Worcestershire sauce. Season and mix well to combine. Divide into 4 even patties slightly larger than your buns, using wet hands to shape the patties. Place on a tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Thinly slice remaining onion and toss in a bowl with 2 tbsp oil. Season to taste. Cook onions, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Spray pineapple with oil and cook, turning occasionally for 3-4 minutes until browned. Set aside.
- Brush burger patties with oil. Add burgers to char-grill pan, reduce heat to medium and cook, for 5-6 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top each bun base with lettuce, tomato, burger patty, pineapple, beetroot, chutney and onions. Sandwich with bun tops and serve with fries, if desired.
- Use a light touch to form a loose patty; if you pack too densely the patty won’t cook.
- Add 2 tbsp cold water to the beef mince for a lighter burger patty
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.