SERVES 2 – Preparation 15 mins – Cooking time 25 mins
Warm potato salad
- To make the potato salad, cover potatoes generously in cold salted water. Bring to boil in a large saucepan over medium – high heat and cook until potatoes are tender (12 – 15 minutes). Drain, transfer to a bowl and crush roughly with a fork. Add oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, spring onion and garlic, season to taste and toss to combine, then set aside while you prepare the lamb.
- Preheat the oven to 200ᵒ?C . Process nuts, lemon rind and a pinch of salt in a small food processor until finely chopped, tip onto a tray. Brush cutlets lightly with oil, then press into pistachio mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add half the cutlets and cook unil browned (1 – 1 ½ minutes each side) transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with remaining cutlets. Transfer to oven and roast until cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes for medium – rare). Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with potato salad, rocket and lemon wedges.
- If you can’t find frenched lamb cutlets, just ask your butcher to do this for you or try it yourself at home. The process simply involves trimming excess fat and cleaning the bone.
- Mix things up by applying the same crust to lamb loin chops, butterflied lamb leg, lamb rack or lamb rump
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.