SERVES 4 – Preparation 20 mins – Cooking time 75 mins
- Preheat oven to 200C. To roast lamb, scatter onion carrot and celery over the base of a large roasting pan. Place lamb seem-side down.
- Using a small paring knife make fifteen shallow incisions scattered all over the top of the rolled lamb loin roast; taking care not to cut the kitchen string. Stuff rosemary and garlic into each incision. Drizzle with oil and roast for 1¼ hours or until cooked to you liking. Rest for 15 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until cooked but still with a crunch. Drain and place in a large bowl with butter. Season to taste.
- To serve, Divide beans among four plates and top with carved lamb. Serve with sourdough bread on the side.
- Get you butcher to roll and truss your lamb loin roast for you.
- Substitute rosemary with thyme or lemon thyme.
- If yellow beans are not in season, substitute with snow peas, sugar snap peas or asparagus.
- For a healthier option, get your butcher to trim all the skin from your lamb loin roast.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.