SERVES 6 – Preparation 75 mins – Cooking time 100 mins
- Rub beef ribs with half the hickory sauce. Place in a single layer on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Season. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°fan-forced). Bring ribs to room temperature. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly. Add yoghurt and herbs. Season and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl combine coleslaw, beans, oil, lime zest and juice. Season and toss to coat.
- Preheat a lightly oiled barbecue or char-grill to medium heat. Cook ribs, turning occasionally and basting with remaining hickory sauce for 7-10 minutes or until charred and sticky. Cut into individual ribs and serve with macaroni salad, coleslaw,
- extra herbs and lime wedges.
- Marinate ribs in the fridge for up to 24 hours for maximum flavour. To save time cook ribs in oven the day before and finish on the barbecue on the day of serving.
- Beef short ribs can also be used in this recipe – around 2- 2 ½ hours in the oven, then 10-15 minutes on the barbecue.
- Buy macaroni pasta salad pre-made at the supermarket or deli to save time.
- Use herbs that you already have in the fridge – mint, parsley, basil, chives or coriander would all work well.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.