SERVES 4 – Preparation 30 mins – Cooking time 10 mins
625g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets, trimmed
600ml buttermilk1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
6 cups (420g) fine fresh sourdough breadcrumbs1½ teaspoons smoky sweet paprika1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder½ teaspoon sea salt flakes, extraPickledLemon wedges, to serve
- Place the chicken in a large non-reactive container+. Place the buttermilk, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the buttermilk mixture over the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4–6 hours or overnight.
- Place the breadcrumbs, thyme, paprika, five-spice and the extra salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Preheat oven grill to medium. Line an oven tray with aluminium foil. Remove the chicken, 1 piece at a time, from the buttermilk mixture, leaving a generous coating. Press each side of the chicken into the crumb mixture, ensuring the chicken is well coated, and place on the tray. Cook for 8–10 minutes each side or until well browned and cooked through.
- To make the zucchini slaw, place the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini and rocket and gently toss to combine.
- Divide the slaw and chicken between serving plates and serve with pickles and lemon wedges.